Tuesday, October 10, 2006
A Classic Just got Better: SPB Pocket Plus 3.1.2
Posted by Steve Sharp in "SOFTWARE" @ 08:00 AM
Product Category: Utility
Manufacturer: Spb Software House
Where to Buy: MobiHand [affiliate]
Price: $24.95 USD or $9.95 USD when upgrading from version 2.x
System Requirements: Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 or Windows Mobile 5, 1.8 megabytes of storage space The program may be installed to main or expansion memory.
- Eases navigation;
- Tightly integrates with the Today screen;
- Enhances the functionality of often used actions;
- Adds features that are not included with the operating system;
- Includes additional themes for the Pocket PC.
- Finding help regarding how to use the new functions can be elusive;
- New users paying full purchase price may find the price tag to be a bit steep.
It’s been about a year and a half since Spb released Pocket Plus 2.5, and they’ve obviously been hard at work trying to improve the features and capabilities of the new version. So, if you thought Spb Pocket Plus 2.5 had a nice list of features, you’ll love the new version 3.1.2...maybe...depending upon how you use your Pocket PC. They’ve kept the standard staple of features such as opening multiple Internet Explorer windows, “close” buttons that actually close applications instead of minimizing and .ZIP support, but they’ve added support for applets, quick switching between applications and several other interesting things. Whether you’re a current user and want more out of Pocket Plus, or you’re new to this handy utility, chances are Spb Pocket Plus 3.1.2 can help you get more out of your Pocket PC.
Read on for the full review!<!>