Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Sprint's PPC 6700 Pocket PC Phone Edition Reviewed
Posted by Jon Westfall in "HARDWARE" @ 09:00 AM
Product Category: Pocket PC Phone Edition
Manufacturer: Sprint PCS
Where to Buy: Sprint Business Website
Price: Approx. $449.00 - $599.00 USD
System Requirements: ActiveSync 4.0
Specifications: 416 MHz Intel processor, QVGA Screen, QWERTY Slide Out keypad, 1900 / 800 MHz CDMA, WiFi, Bluetooth.
- Great form factor / Size for one-handed operation;
- Quick & responsive;
- CDMA - Best pro for long suffering non-GSM users!
- Some users have reported problems with unit freezing up / semi-frequent resets.;
- Power users will miss screen real estate, especially if coming from a VGA unit;
- Battery life is that of a Pocket PC using a radio continuously - not that of a phone (Charge nightly ;) ).
If you're not a GSM user, you are rather limited in which Pocket PC Phone Editions you can use. With Verizon's tendency to cripple everything, and the Treo 700w's lack of WiFi, many have looked to the PPC 6700 (or generically, HTC Apache) as a possible new companion. But how does it hold up? Was I impressed or depressed with my experience?
Read on for the full review!<!>