Friday, April 8, 2005
Built for Need: Agenda Fusion 7
Posted by Steve Sharp in "SOFTWARE" @ 09:00 AM
Product Category: Productivity
Manufacturer: Developer One Software
Where to Buy: PocketGear (Affiliate)
Price: $29.95 USD (Upgrading from version 6.86 is free, upgrading from versions 6.x prior to 6.86 is $14.95 USD)
System Requirements: Works with all Windows Mobile 2003 and 2003 Second Edition Pocket PC and Phone Edition. Pocket PC 2000/2002 and Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition. Requires 3.5 megabytes of storage space and can be installed to main or expansion memory. If VGA support is desired, the installation size can be slightly larger.
- Expanded contact information is useful;
- Allows easy linking between notes, tasks, external files, and contacts;
- Version 7 features a backup utility that will save all project data;
- The new project view adds a new dimension of functionality to the program;
- Supports drawing, note writing, voice recording, and transcribing functions.
- The program's size is considerable, for a Pocket PC application;
- The $29.95 price tag for the non-upgrade version is somewhat expensive;
- Does not have a Today screen plug-in for appointments and tasks;
- Many features, but some are confusing to set up and use.
Agenda Fusion 7 combines features and functions that include powerful project management tools, linking, and easily creating recurring tasks and applying them to multiple days. The mainstay of this upgraded version is the Project View, which allows the user to view a multi-tiered listing of various projects, tasks, appointments, and reminders. Agenda Fusion 7 is not designed for the application size-conscious Pocket PC user. If your needs can be handled with a few, relatively simple organizational applications, then Agenda Fusion 7 may not be for you. However, if you're looking for a high-power organizational and project management tool, something to help you get a grip on multiple projects, one that will allow you to associate files, contacts, and organize task entries in your contact list, then Agenda Fusion 7 is a very nice program.
Read on for the full review!<!>