Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Navigate the US with Navman's SmartST V2
Posted by Philip Colmer in "SOFTWARE" @ 09:00 AM
Product Category: GPS software
Where to Buy: SmartST V2 with North American maps; SmartST V2 with Western European maps
Price: $189 and $329.95 USD respectively
System Requirements: Pocket PC 2002 or Windows Mobile 2003 with a Bluetooth interface. Tested compatible devices are listed on Navman's website.
- 3D navigation view;
- Ability to tell the software what areas to avoid;
- Integration with Outlook contacts and postal/zip codes.
- Verbal directions aren't always good enough to drive without human assistance;
- Receiver can lose satellite signal without verbal warning;
- Difficult for European customers to upgrade.
SmartST V2 provides some key functional improvements over V1 and therefore keeping up with the competition. The maps have been updated, but have some problems. Using this product is still better than trying to navigate with a paper map though :D.
Read on for the full review!<!>