Monday, March 15, 2004
Atari Retro Brings Back Memories
Posted by Perry Reed in "SOFTWARE" @ 10:30 AM
Product Category: Game
Where to Buy: SD Card version or Downloadable version (Both are affiliate links.)
Price: $29.99 USD
- SD Card version: Windows Mobile-Based Pocket PC 2002 or higher with SD/MMC expansion slot
- Downloadable version: Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC devices: Audiovox Maestro PDA1032, Audiovox Thera, Casio E-200, Dell Axim X5, Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox, HP iPAQ h1910/h1920, HP iPAQ h1930/h1940/h1945, HP iPAQ h2210/h2215, HP iPAQ h3800 Series, HP iPAQ h3900 Series, HP iPAQ h4150/h4155, HP iPAQ h4350/h4355, HP iPAQ h5100/h5400/h5500, HP iPAQ h5450/h5455, NEC MobilePro P300, O2 xda, Samsung SPH-i700, Siemens SX56, T-Mobile Phone Edition, Toshiba 2032, Toshiba e310, Toshiba e330 Series, Toshiba e350 Series, Toshiba e550 Series, Toshiba e570, Toshiba e740, Toshiba e750 Series, Toshiba Genio-e, ViewSonic Pocket PC V35, ViewSonic Pocket PC V36, ViewSonic Pocket PC V37, Zayo
- Memory required: 600KB
- The games are also available for Palm and N-Gage devices.
- Excellent emulation of the original games;
- These old games are still fun!
- With the SD-card version, you must have the SD card to play the game; you cannot copy it into main memory;
- The sound is awful, although I understand why;
- The D-Pad and small screen make playing the games more difficult than the originals.
Are you old enough to remember the Golden Age of videogames? I mean the first Golden Age; before Sega, before Nintendo, and way before Sony or Microsoft. I mean the Age of Atari. If you remember the simple game play, lousy graphics and sound, but having a great time playing those old games, then MDM has something for you!
MDM's Atari Retro contains seven original Atari videogames that you can play on your Pocket PC.
Read on for the full review!<!>