Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Evernote Developer Blogs About Windows Phone
Posted by Nelson Ocampo in "Windows Phone Developer" @ 06:00 PM
"Just as I was starting to realize that full-time management was not for me, and I began to explore doing another start-up, I got a call from Phil Libin, Evernote’s CEO. Would I like to join Evernote to create their WP7 Evernote client? Perfect timing – of course I would. Last week we released the first version of that client.This is the story of what worked, what didn’t work, what makes WP7 a great platform to develop for, and what some of the challenges were. I’ll also explore the opportunities being opened by the next release of WP7, codenamed Mango."
The blog goes on to cover many aspects of developing an application for Windows Phone 7, and gives some interesting insight.Positive points include:
- The development environment is awesome.
- C# and Silverlight are easy to work with.
- Visual Studio is so good that it spoils developers.
- Expression Blend is a wonderful design tool.
- There is a strong tight knit community of developers.
- Lack of a Database
- Platform Bugs
- Hard to implement smooth scrolling
He then goes on about how he overcame some of the challenges. Lastly, he covers what excites him most about Mango, from a developer's perspective.
If you'd like a little more detail, give the link a click.