Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Examining Epocrates Essentials
Posted by Darius Wey in "SOFTWARE" @ 10:30 AM
Product Category: Medical Reference Software
Manufacturer: Epocrates, Inc.
Where to Buy: Epocrates, Inc.
Price: $139.99 USD (One-Year Subscription), $229.99 USD (Two-Year Subscription); 30-day money-back guarantee.
System Requirements: Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 or Windows Mobile 2003; 6.3MB of available memory + 10KB per formulary selected; (Epocrates Essentials does not yet support installation on storage cards); ActiveSync connection; internet connection (for updating the clinical databases).
- Tightly integrated structure;
- User-friendly interface;
- Frequently updated and revised;
- Extensive amount of information provided;
- Excellent support.
- Installation on storage cards not yet fully supported;
- Epocrates Find does not yet work for Epocrates Lab, Epocrates ID or Epocrates Tables;
- MedMath not yet compatible with the Pocket PC;
- No help files provided on the Pocket PC.
Epocrates, Inc. have long been regarded as one of the major players in the mobile medical software industry, and have recently focused their efforts on the Pocket PC platform. The release of a revised edition of Epocrates Essentials has been embraced by many as an essential guide to drugs, diseases and diagnostics. In this review, we will see if it lives up to expectations.
Read on for the full review! <!>