Wednesday, September 1, 2004
Little Sync Pro Sync/Charge Cable from Pocket PC Techs
Posted by Jason Dunn in "ARTICLE" @ 08:00 AM
The real question, though, is how well it performed. I don't have every iPAQ the cable supports (iPAQ 17/19/22/38/39/41/43/51/54/55/6300 Series), but I gave it a go with what I did have, and here are the results (and my tests were particularly brutal as several of the units were dead):
• iPAQ 2215: charged + sync no problem, came out of a hard reset
• iPAQ 1945: charged + sync no problem, though the connector needed to be turned upside down
• iPAQ 5500: when it was first coming up out of a hard reset, the screen kept going from bright to less bright, indicating that it wasn't sure if it was on battery power or AC power. After a few minutes of being connected it stabilized and charged properly. It also synched properly.
• iPAQ 4350: would only charge when the power is off, would not sync ("USB device not recognized"). Very odd. Pocket PC Techs said it might be a ROM issue since they tested a 4350 with the latest ROM and it worked fine. I haven't upgraded the ROM yet, this is the original ROM.
• iPAQ 4150: my wife has it so I can't test it yet. :-) My assumption is that it will work fine, but I'll update this when I test it.
All in all, I'm very pleased with the Lil' Sync Cable - very high quality, feels sturdy, great for traveling, and best of all...I only need one cable for several devices!