Thursday, November 10, 2005
Posted by Steve Sharp in "SOFTWARE" @ 09:00 AM
Product Category: Productivity
Manufacturer: SmartCell Technology, LLC
Where to Buy: Handango [Affiliate]
Price: $19.99 USD
System Requirements: Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 or above; at least 700 KB free memory; a desktop computer (Windows 98 or above); and ActiveSync 3.7 or above. The program must be installed to main memory.
- Eases and expedites the creation of text messages, documents, or emails;
- Cheaper than nearly all of the major competitors' software of this type;
- The dictionary of words is easily customizable by the user;
- Tightly integrates into existing text typing features;
- Includes TextPlus database support, including medical, military, and foreign language dictionaries.
- The initial vocabulary of included with the software is relatively small;
- Must be installed to main memory;
- The customized database can eat up a good deal of memory.
SmartCell Technology’s TextPlus 1.1 has been a tried-and-true application for Palm for years, and it has finally made it onto the Windows Mobile scene. This intuitive text interface works like the Operating System’s puny, built-in predictive text on steroids. TextPlus 1.1 speeds typing and SmartCell provides free downloadable databases for specialty and foreign language applications. If you’re tired of tapping out whole words and want a program that learns to suggest words that you most commonly use, TextPlus 1.1 may be just the ticket.
Read on for the full review!