Sunday, October 3, 2004
Posted by Ed Hansberry in "SOFTWARE" @ 01:00 PM
Adobe has released an updated version of its Reader product for the Pocket PC platform.
New features include:
• Faster performance (Well, we know it couldn't be slower than 1.0!) ;)
• Mobile data entry: Submit form data using handheld devices over a wireless connection. If you are working offline, the data is temporarily stored, then submitted once a connection is established. Send forms by e-mail or directly to the destination server using a cradle or cable.
• Wireless printing: Print directly from a handheld device to a remote printer.*
• Slide show viewing: Easily share Adobe PDF slide shows generated by Adobe Photoshop® Album software on handheld devices in portrait or landscape mode.
• Downloading digital editions: Download digital editions of your favorite books in PDF format to handheld devices and read them anywhere. I would assume this means you can now buy DRM locked Reader ebooks from online retailers and read them on your Pocket PC.
Like all versions of Reader, it is free and it is large. ;) The English installer is 13.5MB, so I suggest you plant this on your storage card.