Thursday, May 12, 2011
Posted by Richard Chao in "Windows Phone Software" @ 11:05 PM
"Singhal's official title is program manager on the Windows Phone engineering team. Unofficially, she's the "queen of copy and paste," as some of her co-workers good-naturedly call her. It was Singhal who led the team that created this feature, the highlight of the March update."
Priyanka Singhal is a Program Manager on the Windows Phone engineering team. You may not have heard of her, but, I bet you probably have heard of the feature she was in charge of. It is one of the more prominent feature of the March NoDo update if not the most. Yep, 'Cut and Paste.'
Michael Stroh from the windowsteamblog just posted his interview with Priyanka regarding 'Cut and Paste.' He posed the following 10 questions to Priyanka:
1. Q: First, I have a confession: copy and paste isn't a phone feature I use much. But I know many folks are passionate about it. What am I missing?
2. Q: In your previous job, you worked on text editing features like copy and paste on the desktop. How is a phone different?
3. Q: So you're saying that behind the scenes copying and pasting isn't as simple as it looks.
4. Q: How did you develop the feature?
5. Q: So what then?
6. Q: What problems or challenges did you encounter along the way?
7. Q: What's the toughest part of your job?
8. Q: Any examples?
9. Q: Will copy and paste change for Mango?
10. Q: What are you most proud of?
Click the read link to see her answers.